Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Juice Soda

So I've all the sudden started craving Soda. Like crazy. Probably, because of my pregnancy and wanting something to settle my stomach.
Anyways, Most soda's just seem gross to me, because it is. Affordable soda's are basically corn syrup in a can, expensive soda is usually cane sugar in a can, and diet soda is a chemistry lab... and gross (really, I think artificial sweeteners in soda are the grossest things ever, plus they have been shown to hurt your body quicker then sugar and make you more hungry.
Anyways, I found a great solution for making my own 'soda'
It is inspired from a childhood of mixing lemonade and sprite.
Take basic club soda and mix it with your favorite juice! yea!
My favorite is Simply Lemonade's raspberry lemonade and soda (yes, I know lemonade has sugar, but still less then fruit sodas)
I go half and half juice club soda, but do what you like.
the Minute Maid 100% juices work well too if you want a little sweeter juice.
note* make sure the 'juice' you buy is actually juice. There are a lot of 'juices' that are actually mostly water and sugar/corn syrup that try to pretend to be healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment