Thursday, January 13, 2011

Classic pasta

I don't know what to say about this, other then spaghetti rocks my world! I use whole wheat pasta and I think it tastes better. I always watch for sells then but a whole lot at once. About 1 for an average size box is a good price for good whole wheat pasta. home made is even better, but my pasta maker doesn't work right so I just buy it.
Anyways, here is my recipe for really good marinara sauce. (if you want it to stick to your noodles better try using some tomato paste when you make yours)
2 tablespoons Olive oil, Half an onion,1 fresh tomato and a can of crushed or diced tomatoes or 6 fresh Roma tomatoes, parmesan cheese to taste,2 cloves of garlic, salt (1 and 1/2 teaspoon or so, bay leaf, a teaspoon of molasses or a tablespoon of brown sugar, dash of oregano, thyme, basil, red pepper flakes

thickly Coat the bottom of the medium/small sauce pan with olive oil
over medium heat sauté half a small onion and the fresh tomatoes (diced)
once the onions are soft add the garlic (crushed and minced)
add the canned tomatoes, molasses/brown sugar and a bay leaf. let simmer stirring occasionally (5mins?) then add dry spices and salt.
Continue to simmer and stir occasionally adding fresh spices at the last min.

No comments:

Post a Comment