Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mmmm Potatoes

Remember how I bought a bag of Russell potatoes? Well that bag saved me from having to eat beans and rice for lunch. Nothing against beans and rice, it just doesn't make my mouth water, even with great chipotle beans. My husband, who lived in Brazil, however, can eat beans and rice for lunch and dinner for a week straight with out disliking it. (Just so you know my limit is four days before I go crazy.)
Sadly, we did not have any big tortillas for bean burritos; which for some reason I can eat everyday with out getting tired of it. who knew a tortilla and re-frying the beans and adding cheese makes such a difference? Anyways, so no tortillas meant that it would be a bowl of beans and rice, which for some reason isn't made better for me by adding cheese. Until, I spotted the potatoes and had a great idea. Spicy Roasted potatoes! A Boyle family staple. Needless to say this revelation turned an otherwise blah lunch into the best mouth watering goodness ever.
All you do is heat the oven to 375 F. wash and cut the potatoes. then in a bowl coat the potatoes in olive oil, lots of salt, a little smoked paprika, chili powder, onion powder and garlic. then toss on a lightly greased cookie sheet (if you have liquid lecithin use that because it really helps things not stick)and bake for about 15 mins or until the potatoes are soft and crisp on the bottom. We do eat ours with ketchup. Like I said or I hope I said, this is generally healthier, but it really depends on what your definition of healthy is and where you are on the 'heath food' scale. I personally like being where I'm at.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment