Friday, January 7, 2011

New Year to Blogging

As the new year has come into my life. I've decided I need to do more to make my and the lives of those around me better. One way I know how to do this is through food. I have loved to cook all my life and I love being proud of what I make. I also have learned to love what I consider healthier food, but with my husband going through school, a one year old son, and me not bringing in any income our food budget is limited.
This has helped me to learn how to make simple, yummy, and healthy meals without breaking our budget. Sometimes, however, I need a little motivation.
It's for that reason and the desire I have to help anyone else like me that I've decided to blog about one meal per day.
I have leaned, though that everyone kind-of has there own out look on food and especially what a healthy diet is, So here is my food perspective.
A healthy diet to me means moderation in everything. I don't believe in saying no sugar or no fat. To me that is stupid. We need sugar and fat. How we get it and how much, however, does matter. With that in mind I do think that a diet high in grains, fruit and vegetables is heather then not.
Here are some guide lines I've set up:
Extra virgin olive oil, avocado and real butter are my fats of choice. That is what makes my body happy. They are more expensive then margin, corn oil and the horrible like, but they also don't leave you feeling like dung.
Also if you are going to have dessert, make it a dessert! I hate, hate, hate when someone makes an otherwise good tasting dessert disgusting because they wanted it to be 'healthier' If your going to eat something bad for you, at least have it taste good. The key is limiting how much you eat, not making what you eat gross.
Alright, that's all for now. I look forward to blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment